InStyle Modern - Owner Does Not Care About His Customers or Repeat Business
I purchased a set of 3 stools to test them for a possible large order for a restaurant. I'm also an interior designer.
The stools arrived with no instructions. My husband and I tried to put together as it seemed simple enough but the stool came out crooked. The seat was on a tilt and there was no way you could sit on it properly. It wasn't fitting together correctly. I called and asked for instructions to be sent and was told I had to email for them. Why, they couldn't honor my request over the phone, I don't know.
So I emailed Jacob who asked me to send photos when I complained and said I needed instructions. I sent a number of photos that clearly showed the seat was off balance and his response was, "What's wrong with it?" I advised him it was crooked and if he couldn't tell from the photo to please take my word for it. And again, to send me instructions in case there was a directional issue I didn't know of.
He then told me to send them back. No offer of instructions. I told him he should send me an RMA, as I didn't feel I should pay for shipping back on 3 stools that are defective. I was then ignored.
I called customer service and asked to speak to a manager, figuring there was someone more helpful above Jacob and was horrified when I was told he is the owner. I advised them there was a potential large order and they just ignored me again. If I ran my business like this I wouldn't have one anymore.
I attached the photo-- you decide if you could balance on a tilted chair. I think it's pretty clear.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Set Of Stools
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I bought 2 Leather Sofas from Ashley's April of 2010 & purchased a warranty on them too $1,500 is what I paid for them. I had them no..."
- "We purchase a leather sofa quite some time ago. We didn't "love" it but we owned it. It was miserably uncomfortable.2 weeks ago we were moving it and happened to..."
- "My wife and I purchased an "Albany Furniture" leather living room set (modular sofa, loveseat and ottoman, 6 pieces total) in February of 2012 from Levin Furniture in Wexford, PA..."
- "I went on the Alumna Wallet official site two months ago, thinking about purchasing their product. After filling out the information form I decided NOT to purchase something so hard..."
- "Horrible customer service. DO NOT ORDER FROM MODLILY. Tried canceling an order before it was shipped no reply. Submitted 2 tickets and was never contacted by anyone. Tried contacting them..."
- "We made the mistake using Empire Carpet to replace our carpet in our home, 3 bedrooms and the stairs. The sales man Bob LaChapelle; completely mislead me about the carpet..."
- "My amazing love had ordered (a week in advance- to ensure delivery) flowers to be delivered to me in celebration of our 1 year anniversary and they never showed, needless..."
- "I made recharge of £7.5 using dialling code *139*7001# and received successful message but didn't receive any information on auto renewal. Following month, Lyca deducted another £7.5 and enabled the..."
- "I ordered a miu miu shoes online, they came the wrong size so I went to the store itself to exchange them...they did not have them in their inventory. So..."